Last but not least.

Hi all. Heads up ... the previous post was made some time ago, so it may seem out of context. But who can let up such an anti-Twilight segment huh ? :)



So I'm in Malaysia now to spend Christmas and as we all know, the trip to Malacca is always considerably long. So I took the time to think about life. Well, I categorized it as 75% sleep, 25% deep-thought.
So... I look at what others write on their blogs. about their troubles with life or unexpressed feelings and I look back at mine "I like star wars and video games and Kristen Bell". Lol I guess I have this mental barrier that bars me from all things emotional. I always believed. why should someone willingly make himself or herself feel bad right? So I wonder if that makes me ... unemotional y'know.



I always dabbled in things that I loved like science-fiction and games. Sure girls have no interest in geeks and I often come of as facetious, silly and comical to my friends. But I'm happy where I am.

Maybe I could start like a cult. *does that smily that contemplates an evil plan





and you know what else I feel deeply for. Yes that is right, its the new dark fantasy epic by Bioware, Dragon Age: Origins! (ROFL transition complete)


Yes the geek-bell has rung, hurry away or Darth Vader might eat you! >:(


Happy holidays people :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words alone cannot describe my love and awe for this RPG masterpiece. For DA:O, think Diablo II with a lighter tone and then a sprinkle of dragons with a mix of blood. The game itself offers tons of customization with a deep and interesting storyline. It really keeps in line with the "dark fantasy" theme. Even the ending did not feel so " happily ever after" .




So the key portion of the game was the Origins portion whereby the game fleshes out the "origin stories" of the protaganist ( yes that's you! ). On my first playthrough I was this rogue Elf character with midnight black shoulder-length hair. Though I did enjoy that style of gameplay, over time I preferred the use of mages with their imbalanced spell prowess. and the animations are just awesome to watch. So on my second playthrough I played as a Human Mage who reminds me of Darth Bane. You can imagine that DA:O provides a ton of replayability and compels you to journey through Ferelden more than once with radically different outcomes.

I really loved the soundtrack. If not, it is my favourite soundtrack amongst all my games. Obviously next to Assassin's Creed 2's Renaissance Music. When I first completed the game and sat through the end credits ( I believe that people who sit through end credits are always rewarded ) ... they played this song " This is War" by 30 seconds to Mars. and I really thought of my virtual adventures through Fereldan and I loved the game so much more.

I gotta mention that their characters are so deep, I almost feel like I have a crush on one of the female companions. Yeah her name is Morrigan, ( a name often associated with crows ) who's this really dark, witch-like kind of companion who's also really beautiful. She made me really depressed when she left the party to save my life from the arch-demon. and it is difficult to get me depressed. of course we can all agree that were she a real woman, she'd be rejecting me by now. :)



Happy holidays fellow geeks/

0 comments: