zOMG

I'm not a fan of popular culture. You'll never catch me saying OMGWTFBBQ ( good lord what the hell is barbeque doing there ), or LMAO or, in this case, zOMG.

So Khalid and I were having a conversation and he used the term zOMG. and I, though I see it pretty often, never got to know the exact definition of the acronym. Was it a variation on the term OMG? Was it, by any chance, an animal of the reptile variety? Was it a noun, a verb or some form of punctuation? So, like any modern-day Einstein would do, I looked it up in urban dictionary.com

zOMG is a varient of the all-too-popular acronym "OMG", meaning "Oh My God". The "z" was originally a mistake while attempting to hit the shift key with the left hand, and type "OMG" Also used in all-caps, 'ZOMG' is generally used in a sarcastic manner, more often than not a humiliating fasion. It is also used as a device for stating the obvious.

Interesting. The frickin adjective was (popularised by Omar's status update but originally coined by me), a lovechild of a lousy keyboard and poor spelling. No.

Someone's fricking spelling mistake is used as a popular adjective internationally.


And you wonder why I'm not a fan of modern vocabulary. But I do like this definition!


ZOMG was the ruler of the planet XYRZON until 2451 AD, when he was overthrown by KFOP after the battle of SHMUR. the battle marked the violent end to ZOMG'S noble reign as ultra-lord. KFOP soon proved to be an incapable ruler of XYRZON, and the planet collapsed into chaos in 2453. Since that day, the residents of XYRZON have used ZOMG as a declaration, nay, an exclaimation of hope. Hope that one day peace shall return to XYRZON, on the shoulders of a truly worthy king.

Hasta La Vista Baby.

0 comments: