Finished the fight

I can't believe I'm blogging whilst Shawn Michaels is challenging the Undertaker to a WrestleMania match. Streak vs Career. Go figure.


Thought that I was going to do interesting things today. Well I did do some cool things except I was pitifully alone. School ended early with no CCA -> Teacher's going for (lou hei???). Well as usual the people in class intended to shoot some hoops. Its quite amazing how some people don't ever get sick of certain things. Oh who am I to judge. I've been patronizing the same canteen store for the past three years.


So anyway it was kinda like Chinese New Year except that this time Jerome was eating sushi over fried chicken. I actually wanted to invite the NCC guys over to watch Tuesdays with Morrie, but that went to hell. So ... I just went home alone.

Watched "Rain Man" instead. I really really loved it. Its ... (how do I describe it) ... really ... poignant. Poignant. Basically the story is about some young self-centered upstart Charlie ( Tom Cruise ), who in an attempt to inherit his father's vast fortune, discovers an autistic savant brother he never knew he had , Raymond(Dustin Hoffman). By the way, an autistic savant is sort of a handicapped person who is a genius but is also essentially retarded mentally. So he can multiply 12.345 by 789,654 within seconds but doesn't understand the value of money e.g. 1 dollar minus 50cents equates to 70cents.

So as I said, the movie is about 2 hours long. Although there WERE indeed some redundant scenes. My favourite scene personally was in the motel with the hot water. No there were no naked females you pervs, just Charlie and Raymond. and Charlie's revelation of spoilerific things.

Yeah, so I did that, and surfed the net for awhile ... IGN ... Wikipedia ... the usual. Picked up my matte black Xbox 360 controller. Entered the Terminus system, hell-bent on finally eradicating the Collector threat. Thats nerd talk for " I tried to finish Mass Effect 2". and I did.


Still can't belive my favourite squadmate, Thane, like just died right there. I was pondering whether or not to reload an old save to rescue the assassin from certain death, but that would negate Bioware's point on "serious consequences" right? So I moved on, depressed at the death of a valuable team member but also more determined to end the threat. Which really in the end made the experience much more memorable and moving.

Being the completionist that I am, of course I was pissed at not getting the "No one left behind" Xbox 360 achievement which stipulated that no team members would die in the suicide mission. and Thane happened to be the only one who passed away. So ... >:(


However, I thought that it was rather fitting that Thane would be the one to die. Because he was already terminally ill and if he did not die at the hands of the Collectors, he would have killed himself at Illium. So to him, the attack on the Collector base was truly a " suicide mission". Plus, he views death as a kind of freedom. He would be the reunited with his true love and be free of all the worries he experienced living life as a hired assassin. Of course the way he died was sort of significant as well. A well-placed shot right in the head, target never saw it coming? Pretty ironic death for an assassin huh?

The finale of Mass Effect 2 was everything you would expect from an epic science fiction role-playing game. Killing a REAPER? Thats one heck of climax. Have to say that I really enjoyed the entire experience of Mass Effect 2. From the improved shooter aspect to the deeply-moving squadmates and even Conrad Verner! It's going to be a game that I will look back on and remember why I love video games so damn much.


EDIT:By the way, sorry for wasting your time reading all these irrelevant information, I was really just blurting out everything I thought. :P




0 comments: