Its time for miracles

Spending Chinese New Year in Malaysia! Which is probably the only time I would care to OR have time to blog. Here's why I did not care to blog: I unwrapped the Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Box. Oh HELL YEAH I did. *drifts off ...

Here's how I was led into this predicament/blessing. It was Friday. All the red people were rushing out of school to go catch a movie at AMK hub ... or something. Jerome had to go eat chicken with his class. Class gang intended to play basketball till 6pm. So ... excessive basketball, fried chicken or video game time? I chose the last option.

Went home early. Was pondering which game I should play. Dragon Age, Bioshock or ... (Should I?) Mass Effect 2. YEAH MASS EFFECT RULES. With utmost precision, I tore the wrapping off the box. Shepard's N7 armor was becoming more and more visible by now. By the time I was done, I was staring at the blood-stained armor of the supposedly deceased hero of the human race. Screw that. The saviour of the Milky Way.

I carefully opened the tin box. Tin because its the COLLECTOR's EDITION mind you. There it was. Special edition DVDs of the making-of Mass Effect 2. Limited edition Art book of Mass Effect Concept Arts. Brand new Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse. A premium and shimmering "Cerberus" card. And the ultimatum. Two discs for the Xbox 360.

Those two discs stood between me and a whole new universe. They were the portal that would lead me into an amazing and beautiful galaxy crafted by the best in the business, Bioware. Yes thats right, THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. The beloved RPG developer that gave us Baldur's
Gate, Jade Empire, The Knights of the Old Republic series and Dragon Age. Most importantly, they gave us Mass Effect and Commander Shepard.

I placed the disc into my Halo 3: ODST themed Xbox 360 and prepared for what awaited me in those discs. and I was not disappointed.

Mass Effect 2 has really changed. The graphics in this science fiction epic are evidently better. Gameplay is smoother and more immersive. The shooter element has become more intense but also very enjoyable. Not to mention a really realistic style of gameplay. You could fire at an enemy's legs as they charged towards you and they would tumble, helpless and powerless, completely at your mercy. You could fire at their heads for significant damage. The choice is yours.

Personally, my favourite part of the brand new game was the squadmates. My god are they bad-ass. COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BAD-ASS. Mordin, a brilliant and dangerous Salarian scientist and operative. Archangel, a turian expet sniper and vigilante, who you would realise to be an old friend of yours. Jack, a mentally unstable and over-powered female biotic. and also Grunt, a Krogan, bred for perfection.

Instead of purchasing and finding new equipment like your traditional RPG, you now scan planets for resources to "upgrade" your equipment and armor. Make prototypes for new heavy weapons or install bio-amps to increase biotic damage.

Technically, I have only completed like 30% of the game within the a period of 2 days. But I really enjoyed it. I should probably limit myself to just playin every Saturday from now on cause thats really all the free time I have.

You know I wanted to post like pictures but my cousins are pestering me to play card games. Ciao.

0 comments: