Thank God Its Friday

TGIF. Wow I guess I have so much to blog about.

Quick rundown:
Cross Country '10
Jamming
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif

Cross country went pretty smoothly. 3.75 kilometres? Sengkang Riverside Park? oh yeah. and there was a cool morning breeze that felt immensly comfortable whilst running. One of the few times I actually kinda enjoyed a "running" experience. Of course I wasn't part of the top 20 (chuckles at the thought), but it felt rather satisfying. Although there WAS the fucking omnipresent nauseous feeling that I specifically get when running long distances. Well... that sucks.

Went home after that and just buried my head into a pillow until approximately 1.30 pm. Took a MRT to Woodlands for jamming session. That's where it gets interesting. Well, I live nearer to the school hence I don't take the MRT on a regular basis. Hence, I'm completely oblivious to MRT etiquette. So what do you do when you have 2 cases of PDA on your left? AND on your right? I swear to god this woman was ALL OVER the man. and the couple on the right were giggling like nursery school children and slapping on another as if to say

"you're so funny",
" no YOU'RE so funny"
" NO you're so funny "

Wasn't very "funny" to me. Well I just stared at my own reflection in the opposite window. and prayed for my sweet sweet release. otherwise known as Woodland's MRT station.

Went to the same place last year for jamming. This time we had Poh Seng, Omar, Adriel and me. Now ...... it MAY seem likely that I would be the singer ( they say I have the voice of angels ) ... but no, it was actually the one from choir, Poh Seng. Went on the lead guitar with Adriel on the bass and Omar on the drums. and we played "Its My Life/Confessions" from Glee and "Pork and Beans" by Weezer. Very very super jelly fun. Sometimes we would rotate positions so I or Adriel could play on the drums. But I hesitated when I was to sing because people shed tears of joy when I unleash my vocal chords unto the world. Aliff, the guy who owned the store, was seen to be sobbing as I sang the chorus to "Its My Life". Overall, the thing went very smoothly and we had alot of fun.

Went to watch an evening movie with Adriel, Poh Seng and Wai Ken at Causeway Point. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif. Well, I pretty much enjoyed it. Loved the depictions of Olympia and the ancient Gods. I also liked the references to ancient Greek figures like the daughters of Aphrodite, Hermes the messenger of the gods and Athena, goddess of wisdom. ( Although I keep thinking of her as the chick from CSI: NY ) Off the record, my personal favourite Greek God is Poseidon( in no way influenced by the movie) but my favourite GOD in general would be Baldr( Otherwise know as Baldur ) from Norse mythology. Always a fan of the underdogs.

However, I didn't enjoy some parts because of its believability. I guess when I watch stuff I always have to see a reason behind their actions. There were some parts of the film where you feel prompted to exclaim " Explain that in detail please" or "Are you kidding me"?

Overall however, it was an enjoyable experience and definitely a movie worth watching. Think Harry Potter meets Greek mythology.

Ciao.

0 comments: