I'm Awakening

Reading old essays causes your command of the English language to go downhill.

This Vesak Day wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped it would be.

I had hoped to sleep for like 27 years, but unfortunately due to my accursed body's adaptation to months of endless revision throughout the night and 4 hour sleep periods, I actually woke up at 10a.m. when I slept at 2a.m. yesterday! That must be like ... a world record. And not in a good way.

So I started on Dragon Age and as I breezed through the Circle of Magi with my apostate blood magus , called Perry, tearing down waves of desire and rage abominations with my plethora of primal spells *Boomz*, I started to feel that sense of familiarity and ease, meaning I was wondering to myself, "This is starting to get so easy, its not that enjoyable!"

I checked my difficulty level at the options screen. It said "Nightmare" - for players who felt that "Hard" was a joke". Good god. Inadvertently, I flashed back to an old IGN article detailing how difficulty is essentially the heart of enjoyment for every game, and those words never rung more true. What was I to do?

Spend hours tapping the lasers out of my Xbox 360 until it could finally read a disk?! Watch TV for more than 2 hours? Read my toilet book (the book which you bring to the toilet), History Timelines? Which I actually did. Did you know America was named after the Venetian explorer Amerigo Vespucci, who was a relative of Christina Vespucci, who had a liaison with the protaganist of Assassin's Creed II Ezio Auditore Da Firenze?

Anyhow, by the time I figured out what to do, it was 8pm and "When Animals Strike" was on Okto Animal Night, and thus began my 2 hour journey of discovery regarding how coyotes can rip humans to shreds. So that's Vesak Day 2010 for me! Gonna do more productive stuff now, like watching those DVDs I borrowed yesterday.

0 comments: