The beating of a broken heart.

The past 6 hours could possibly be the ultimate geek experience in my entire life. I read almost all the wikipedia entries about Marvel and DC characters that I didn't already know about. I watched all the videos on Mass Effect 2. Watched a couple of IGN originals. Read more than a dozen articles on IGN. Read a couple of entries on Starwars Wikia/ Wookiepedia. Heres what I learnt today.

- Wolverine has a son called Daken, which he had with his wife in Japan. The second Wolverine Origin movie is slated to be set in Japan, as implied at the ending of the movie.

- Daken practically has like all his dad's abilites. However, his bone claws are structured rather differently. We know Wolverine's claws are situated between his knuckles. Well, Daken has two between his knuckles and one from the underside of his thumb. which is pretty cool as well.

- Logan's wife was killed by the Winter Soldier, a resurrected Bucky, also known as Captain America's sidekick killed in WW2 by Nazis.

- Daken experiences a terrible childhood, bla bla bla, eventually gets recruited by Norman Osbourne as past of the Dark Avengers. Kills the Punisher, Frank Castle in hand-to-hand combat. Of course they were neck to neck because we all know how awesome the Punisher is.

- I am distressed over the apparent death of Frank Castle, who is one of my top 5 heroes. At the same time, you could say that I am excited about the emergence of WOLVERINE"S SON and his potential.

-In reference to my previous point, my favourite comic book characters are Deadpool, Batman, Wolverine, The Punisher, and Daredevil. You might guess that these characters are highly similar in that they are all very complicated, emotionally tortured and deep characters. Save for Deadpool. He's merely the comic relief cum very awesome hero.

-For trivia, Batman is on the verge of insanity ( You would be too if your archenemy was a criminally insane clown ), Daredevil's blind as a bat, Punisher had his family murdered ruthlessly by the Mafia, and Wolverine's just this really conflicted and constrained beast . Deadpool likes songs by Aqua and paints his guns with glitter glue.

- I sent in my entry for IGN's daily fix. They were posing a question on Mass Effect lore and being a mass effect geek myself, I knew it by heart and thought what's the harm? Well the prize is one Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2 and 2 editions of the PC version of Mass Effect 2. I don't know whether to hope to win this or not.

And dude thats like 20% of what I learnt today. One more thing I learnt was that I have not completed a single weekend homework. I starting to recieve informaton leading to the conclusion that I am going to die of stress next week. yes I'm starting to picture my corpse slumped on my table. If I die, I hope to be placed in a coffin made of Mass Effect 2 boxes.

0 comments: