I sparkle like glitter glue in the sun

I'm living a friggin decadent lifestyle! I am truly like a mythical blood-sucking creature, not in an Edward Cullen way, but the fact that my body clock is wayward ... beyond belief. Here's how screwed it is, I've not seen sunlight for the past 24 hours. And it's not that I enjoy this kinda lifestyle, it's just really hard to change.

On the bright side, I've finished all English and Mathematics homework and I'm well on my way to completing revision for both Chemistry and Physics.

So ... take that you overly-popular "I want to waste my life writing nice stuff about others on their Walls" Facebook-ing losers!

Anyway, in light of my usual DVD routine, I felt that The Pursuit of Happyness was an amazing movie. Probably the best DVD amongst the 3 that I borrowed. Well, it's a story about hope, overcoming the odds whatever they may be and fatherhood at its heart: doing whatever possible to ensure a brighter future for your family. And the fact that all this is based on a very real man makes its all the more amazing.

I have the deepest and greatest respect for this man called Chris Gardner, whom the story is based on. He is a man that, even after setback after setback, refuses to relent in his never-ending quest for a better life not for himself but for his son. To put it humorously, there is a common saying that when you fall down, pick yourself up. For Chris Gardner, life choke-slams him into the concrete floor and bashes him in twenty times, and yet somehow he climbs out of the carnage and "spears" life from the back.

Perhaps I can't convince you of how tough it was for Chris Gardner with my rather inappropriate and overly-WWE-referenced metaphor but I'm sure the movie will.

Sending a nuclear device into the core of the closest star to Earth in order to reignite it and save humanity? Pales in comparison to the stuff this guy has been through.

Ending the darkspawn threat once and for all? Take a walk, loser.

Completing 16 Geography-based Structured Essay Questions?

Yeah, probably as difficult as the sun thing.

0 comments: