Swan Song

So I'm going to leave blogging till every weekend. I'm starting on a plan that minimises my time on the computer. In fact, I do feel that I don't even need to turn the damn machine on. And very ironically, I have my father to thank. He made me realise in Secondary One that I did not need the computer to breathe.

And when I say "minimise", I really do mean no more malicious yet extremely juicy comments about Kuan Ting on Facebook. No more "like"-ing of anti-Jerome forums sparked off by resentful ex-girlfriends. All 2 of them. Sigh.

By the way, jokes on Facebook can go wrong. Very badly. I accurately pointed out a spelling mistake in one of Kuan Ting's post . He said " I felt nonstalgic about 2 egg roti-pratas I ate this morning " (or something along the likes of that) and I emphasize " nonstalgic " which the Anglo-Saxons did not in fact create.

Being the kindly friend that I am, I pointed out "I felt nonstalgic too" , pointing out the mistake clearly in a humorous fashion. Alas, people did not see the error of his ways, and continued to discuss about the advantages of curry with prata. And I appeared as the crazy, slightly nosy dude who makes no sense. Classic example of an Epic Fail.

Moral: Public jokes aren't worth it because normal people don't get them.

Back to the gist of of the supposedly-stirring blog post.

So guess what. Somehow the stars aligned with me today, and I managed to make it home by 3p.m. when I was dismissed at 2.35 p.m. (I have 2 friend(s) in class so I really have no obligation to stay back) Complete with a pack of mixed rice and a copy 8-days. With a cover of Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattison and Lamma Boy I might add.

By 4.p.m. I had completed all my homework (for today) and I was pondering whether to write an extremely long blog post about the virtues of the Lord of the Rings. Or I could take out my yellow file and actually write things on my Geography holiday homework.

Somehow, the responsible dude tucked away in some dark, emo-esque corner of my brain popped out and sang a song called " Do your fucking homework ". Chords are C, G, Em and F.

*I think "Responsible Me" is African-American.

Anyway, that was exactly what I did. So even with the allocated T.V. timeslots of 6 to 6.30 ( How I Met Your Mother ) and 9.p.m to 10.00 p.m.(Glee), I actually handled 8 whole Geography questions.

That's a whole 8 of them! In one day! 8 Frikkin Geography questions!

And then it really struck me how much I could accomplish per day if I maximised my time. No computer. At all. No staying back. These are inherently all my "Interferences" in my "Results=Potential-Interference" equation. And this is all very relative to Mr.Kamal's usual speech about productivity and his metaphor of how the Flash bends time or how Ezio/Altair kicks some serious templar ass.

*For the record, Batman can totally kick the Flash's ass. I know we love Bart Allen/Wally West/Barry Allen, but dude. Batman has the brains and the Batmobile. Special emphasis on the Batmobile.

*Second note. I never actually thought that one day I would see the trailer to Assassin's Creed 2 in class. Mr.Kamal made me think twice. He is truly amazing.

So my point really being, in a totally non-cheesy way, there is so much more that you can do if you identified the "interferences" in your life and removed them. Sure, keep those that have a special meaning to you and you really find joy in. For me, it's "How I Met Your Mother". And damn your "But I find lotsa joy in all my interferences" .

We all know it's the frikkin 'O' levels, so word of advice? Screw Mousehunt.

Addio Amico. I'll be seeing you this Saturday.

0 comments: