The Pursuit of Happyness

Today was an interesting day.

I watched DVDs last night from 1.a.m to 5.a.m. and as I began on emotional reflection after the extremely compelling and powerful film Brothers, I ... dozed off. Somehow, pondering about the conflict in Afghanistan really isn't my thing.

Then I remembered that I had to wake up early for this English talk somewhere at Raffles Place. Really posh place. They have like ....... hand sanitizers and shiny lifts. Their toilets smell refreshing. And also these large windows where you can look down on the bustling street as inconsiderate Indian men on scooters crash into the side pavement.

The lecture itself wasn't like friggin mind-blowing. Its the stuff they've been teaching you all along.

Blablabla. The class wanted to have lunch together. I wanted to buy toys. So I attempted to use my super sharp rogue cum espionage cum Assassin's Creed rip-off skills to slip away from the group unnoticed. Yet somehow or rather, even amidst the background of an extremely crowded MRT underpass, they managed to catch me sneaking into Simply Toys. I must be like the lousiest spy ever.

Anyway, I spent like 30 minutes in the store. Girls can shop for clothes for hours at a time. Nerds like me shop for polycarbonate figurines of mythical beings and genetically-mutated superheroes. Alas, with my trusty membership card of truth, I honorably purchased a 40 dollar model of an semi-crimson-brown dragon atop a bejewelled rock. It looks really awesome and somehow really, really nostalgic because I think I remember seeing the very same toy in a game designer's office as part of a field trip during Primary 6.

Yes, big surprise. I was a geek even back then.

Took the MRT back to Ang Mo Kio and talked to myself and made up silly names for interesting people I saw. The MRT is so much more interesting than the SBS Bus, I feel. Cause with the bus, all you see are sweaty black bobs of hair. Of course the occasional inappropriate couple but still ! With the MRT, you're surrounded in a giant lattice of inappropriate couples.

From there on, it was the usual 16-year-old-boy-holding-a bag-o'-toys-routine, took a bus home and dozed off until I woke up and wrote this blog post.

Oh and Kelly Kelly is unbelievably hot. :)

0 comments: