It is my life

I'm cutting my Joke of the Day section.

I attribute the failure of my latest joke to ...

a) Withdrawal symptoms from a caffeine overdose ( apart from lethargy, lethargy and wait for it ........ lethargy )

b) The sudden appearance of a commercial for Eclipse.

c) The Law of Diminishing Returns

You see, William Shakespeare didn't create an epic theatrical play every day. Leonardo Da Vinci didn't paint an uncanny portrait of a relatively unsightly woman once daily. Nicholas does not produce a non sequitur joke everyday!

Artists like us, we need inspiration. And that's what I'm lacking when I'm doing abysmal Geography questions in my room. I really cannot produce something intrinsically funny when I'm looking at questions about why this rock looks so funny. By the way, the answer for that is weathering and erosion. Weathering and erosion.

So I have decided to leave my joke section alone so my existing creations become classics. And that's what we should aim for. Classics.

I quote Mr. Kamal and The Law of Diminishing Returns: The more you experience something, the less gratification you derive from it. Essentially, Familiarity breeds Contempt.

In the mean time, enjoy my previous jokes or listen to Kuan Ting trying to imitate them while frenziedly giggling like a pixie on drugs, which I find is far more humorous. :)


0 comments: