You will like me when I'm angry

IGN deemed "Rage" (by id Software, the developers behind the original Doom 3) the best of E3. E3 being Electronic Entertainment Expo and the Mecca of all gamers. I have quite a no. of dreams and one dream that ranks high in the list is definitely to visit E3 one day. E3 2020 perhaps?

Anyway, the setting for "Rage" is an arid post-apocalyptic world, which has become highly prevalent in recent times, think Fallout 3 and Borderlands. And you, my very lucky friend, happen to be a survivor from the past, a participant in the 'Ark' program, which inferentially preserved you in (hopefully) solid carbonite, only to be born anew in a world that is a sick reflection of that in which you once were.

The game, very interestingly, integrates vehicular combat, role-playing and first-person action gameplay. It would be as if Fallout had intercourse with Need For Speed, only better.

The art direction itself is highly reminiscent of other post-apocalyptic games like Borderlands, although the character models reminded me of the psycho artists and scientists from Bioshock. Rage also has parallels with Bioshock in that it features combat elements such as electrifying the water beneath an enemy to shock him.

I am pretty excited for this game, which is slated for a 2011 release. I still remember last year, where one of the more prominent games at E3 was Mass Effect 2. God, I was hyped.

0 comments: